Monday, June 25, 2007

Flight Paths

I don't have a hard stat, but at one point I remember reading that Alaska has more planes per capita than any other state. Alaska's per capita stats are always high, but something in my memory tells me there are as many planes as people...as crazy as that seems. I know I should come up with a hard stat, but my point is there are a lot of planes. Where I live in Anchorage, I happen to be in the flight path of Lake Hood (the busiest float plane airport in the world), Ted Stevens International, Providence's Life Flight helicopter, occasional Air Force personnel planes and tonight apparently an RC airplane. Quiet isn't too hard to achieve in Anchorage, but I don't know that there is a part of town that is not affected by flight paths. Aviation is a part of The Life Alaska more so for rural Alaska, but us city folk are definitely not immune to the effects.

No comments: